Cleveland, Ohio Immigration Attorneys Fighting Deportation for Clients Throughout the Country
The U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to a lawyer in removal or deportation proceedings. It is important that you avail yourself of your right to counsel if you have been accused of any kind of crime and are not a citizen OR if you are in removal proceedings because of a criminal case.
At the law firm of Hammond Law Group, LLC, we represent foreign nationals all over the country. We fight their deportation cases vigorously. The most important strategy is to fight the initial charge. If you simply admit that the criminal conviction exists or that it is a removable offense, you have two feet out the door. We routinely challenge the conviction itself and challenge that it supports removal.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of People
You may be deported for many criminal activities, including but not limited to convictions for:
- Crimes of Moral Turpitude
- Theft and receiving stolen property
- Aggravated Felonies
- Sex offenses such as rape, sexual battery, gross sexual imposition and sexual abuse of a minor
- Crimes of Violence
- Tax Evasion
- Firearms Trafficking
- Drug Trafficking
- Theft with a sentence of a year or more
- Fraud or deceit where the loss is more than $10,000
- Drug (Controlled Substance) Possession – Controlled substances like cocaine, heroin, MDMA and marijuana (possession of more than 30g)
- Domestic violence
- Firearms violations such as illegal possession or improper handling of a firearm or unlawful discharge of a firearm
Qualified and Experienced Deportation Defense
Our law firm’s experience with deportation defense strategies include aggressively defending the initial charges and forcing the government to meet its burden of proof. If the immigration judge finds the foreign national subject to deportation (or deportable), there are defenses/mitigation, or types of relief from removal available. We can help you and your family through this process and many times get you proper and lawful immigration status.
Cleveland, Ohio Removal Defense Attorneys
Your best defense is to hire a knowledgeable and tough-minded deportation/removal defense lawyers. To find out how we can put our extensive experience to work for you, please contact our law practice, Hammond Law Group, LLC, today and tell us your story. We defend non-citizens in deportation cases nationwide.