We can help you CONTACT US TODAY 24 HOUR RESPONSE
Bold labels are required.
At the law offices of Philip Eichorn, we represent clients in a variety of immigration-related matters. Immigration law is a complex “legal specialty of its own.” It is a “labyrinth that only a lawyer can navigate” and is “second only to the Internal Revenue Code in complexity.” Choosing an intelligent, experienced and determined immigration attorney to protect you and your interests throughout your case is the wise choice.
Our practice is focused primarily on immigration law and the immigration consequences of criminal matters ("crimmigration"). Our clients benefit from our specialized knowledge of this complicated field. Our top priority is to provide you with high-quality legal work and superior client service. Great legal work is driven by both academic and real-world experience as well as tireless preparation. Our ability to provide outstanding service is facilitated by our accessibility and understanding of our clients’ needs and concerns.
Global U.S. Immigration Legal Services
We represent people seeking:
- Permanent resident status (green cards) for themselves or their family members;
- Naturalization or citizenship;
- Visas for family and fiancées abroad;
- Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers or other waivers;
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA); and
- All other immigration-related statuses and benefits.
We also represent those who are facing deportation or removal from the United States by:
- Challenging the Department of Homeland Security's position that a person is subject to being removed;
- Arguing that certain criminal convictions do not render an individual removable;
- Applying for relief from removal through waivers, cancellation of removal and adjustment of status;
- Applying for prosecutorial discretion and requesting the case be administratively closed; and
- Navigating through other removal-related issues.
We assist and counsel businesses and entrepreneurs in:
- Petitioning for foreign national professionals for temporary visas and permanent residency;
- Creating business plans for entrepenuers and filing for their visas;
- I-9 compliance and litigation defense; and
- Navigating through any other immigration-related issues such as workplace discrimination.
Crimmigration - The Intersection of Criminal and Immigration Laws
Our firm also routinely co-counsels with criminal defense attorneys across the country regarding the immigration consequences of criminal convictions to obtain better outcomes for their non-citizen clients. It is especially important that foreign nationals charged with crimes obtain a criminal defense attorney who has extensive experience with immigration law, because even misdemeanor convictions can lead to deportation, detention without bond, denial of naturalization or exclusion from reentry after having traveled abroad.
Benefit from Our Experience
Attorney Philip Eichorn is a professor of Immigration Law at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He is also the chairperson of the Ohio Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the premier association of immigration attorneys. Attorney Eichorn has practiced immigration law around the country for many years and each case builds on his ability to identify creative resolutions for even the most complex immigration issues. Attorney Eichorn has represented foreign nationals before many immigration courts throughout the country, the Board of Immigration Appeals and several Circuit Courts of Appeal. His experience can make a difference.
Practice Locations – Nationwide But Primary Office In Ohio
Our main administrative office is located in Cleveland, Ohio, and we practice extensively in Charlotte, North Carolina. Recenct trips have taken Attorney Eichorn to Newark, New York, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Seattle and San Diego to mention a few. Attorneys who practice immigration law are practicing federal law and, therefore, may practice immigration law nationwide.
Schedule a Case Assessment in Cleveland, Ohio or Charlotte, North Carolina
If you wish to speak to a licensed immigration attorney or schedule a case assessment at either our Cleveland or Charlotte office, contact us online or call (866) 448-2994. We return all calls and online inquiries within one business day.