We can help you CONTACT US TODAY 24 HOUR RESPONSE
NOTE: Labels in bold are required.
At the law offices of Philip Eichorn, we represent clients in a variety of immigration-related matters. Immigration law is a complex “legal specialty of its own.” It is a “labyrinth that only a lawyer can navigate” and is “second only to the Internal Revenue Code in complexity.” Therefore, choosing an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney to protect you and your interests through the process could mean the difference between being allowed to stay in the United States or having to leave.
Our practice is focused primarily on immigration law and immigration-related legal matters so that our clients benefit from our specialized knowledge of this complicated field. Our goal is to provide high-quality legal work with superior client service. Our great legal work is driven by our academic and real-world experience, and our ability to provide outstanding service is facilitated by our accessibility and understanding of our clients’ needs and concerns.
Global U.S. Immigration Legal Services
We represent people seeking:
- Permanent residency (green cards) for themselves or their family members;
- Naturalization or citizenship (automatic or derivative);
- Visas for family and fiancées abroad;
- Deferred Action (DACA) and work authorization for those who arrived as children; and
- All other immigration-related statuses and benefits.
We also represent those who are facing deportation or removal from the United States by:
- Defending criminal charges and convictions to get an outcome that will not jeopardize immigration status;
- Challenging the government's position that a crime renders an individual removable;
- Applying for relief from removal and permanent residency from the court based on hardships to U.S. citizen and permanent resident family members; and
- Navigating through other removal-related issues.
We assist and counsel businesses and entrepreneurs in:
- Creating business plans for new and exciting enterprises and obtain the necessary visas to carry those out;
- Petitioning for foreign national professionals for temporary and permanent residency;
- Complying with I-9 requirements; and
- Navigating through any other immigration-related issues such as workplace discrimination.
Criminal Defense (Ohio) For Both Citizens And Immigrants
Our firm defends individuals charged in Ohio with a range of criminal offenses both in State and Federal courts, including but not limited to:
- DUI/drunk driving
- Drug possession and drug trafficking
- Assault and Domestic violence
- Alien smuggling
- Harboring illegal aliens
- Illegal reentry
Our firm also routinely co-counsels with criminal defense attorneys across the country regarding the immigration consequences of criminal convictions to obtain better outcomes for their non-citizen clients. It is especially important that foreign nationals charged with crimes obtain a criminal defense attorney who has extensive experience with immigration law, because even misdemeanor convictions can lead to deportation and detention without bond.
Benefit from Our Experience
Attorney Philip Eichorn is a professor of Immigration Law at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and former county prosecutor. He is also the incoming chair of the Ohio Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the premier association of immigration attorneys. Attorney Eichorn has practiced immigration law around the country for many years and each case builds on his ability to identify creative resolutions for even the most complex immigration issues.
The importance of working with a lawyer who knows the legal system and understands how it works cannot be overstated. Not only does our professional and academic background put our firm in a strong position when working with the government to resolve a client's case, it enables us to be straightforward with our clients when planning strategies and assessing the outcome of their cases.
Practice Locations – Nationwide But Primarily In Ohio and North Carolina
Our main administrative office is located in Cleveland, Ohio, and we practice extensively in Charlotte, North Carolina. Attorneys who practice immigration law are practicing federal law and, therefore, may practice immigration law nationwide.
Schedule a Case Assessment in Cleveland, Ohio or Charlotte, North Carolina
If you wish to speak to a licensed immigration attorney or schedule a case assessment at either our Cleveland or Charlotte office, contact us online or call (866) 448-2994. We return all calls and online inquiries within one business day.